The Grapefruit Pisco Sour cocktail is a refreshing twist on the classic Pisco Sour, a popular cocktail originating from Peru. The addition of grapefruit simple syrup and orange bitters adds a burst of citrusy flavor that perfectly complements the smooth and mellow taste of Pisco brandy. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make this delicious cocktail in just a few simple steps.
- 60ml Pisco
- 30ml lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 20ml grapefruit simple syrup
- 1 egg white or aquafaba
- 1-2 dashes orange bitters
- Orange peel (for garnish)
- Add all the ingredients, except the orange peel, into a cocktail shaker.
- Dry shake the ingredients for 15-20 seconds. This means shaking without ice to emulsify the egg white or aquafaba and create a frothy texture.
- Add fresh ice to the shaker and shake again for another 15-20 seconds.
- Double strain the mixture into a pre-chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with a twist of orange peel.
- If you don’t have grapefruit simple syrup, you can make it by mixing 1cup grapefruit juice (no pulp), 1 cup sugar and 1 tbsp of grapefruit zest finely (minced) in a saucepan and heating until the sugar dissolves. Allow it to cool before using it in the cocktail.
- Aquafaba is a great vegan alternative to egg whites, and it creates the same frothy texture in the cocktail. Simply use the liquid from a can of chickpeas instead of egg whites.
The Grapefruit Pisco Sour cocktail is a delightful and refreshing drink that is perfect for any occasion. Its unique blend of flavors and textures makes it a crowd-pleaser and a great addition to any cocktail menu. With this simple recipe, you can easily recreate this delicious cocktail at home and impress your friends and family with your mixology skills. So, give it a try and enjoy the citrusy goodness of the Grapefruit Pisco Sour!