If you’re a fan of classic cocktails, you’ll definitely want to add the Clover Club cocktail to your repertoire. This sophisticated drink dates back to the early 1900s, and is named after the Clover Club, a gentlemen’s club in Philadelphia that was popular with lawyers, politicians, and other professionals.
The Clover Club cocktail is made with gin, lemon juice, raspberry syrup, and egg white, which gives the drink a frothy, silky texture. The combination of sweet and sour flavors, along with the floral notes of the gin, creates a perfectly balanced drink that’s both refreshing and complex.
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz raspberry syrup
- ¾ oz lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- Fresh raspberries (for garnish)
- In a shaker, combine the gin, raspberry syrup, lemon juice, and egg white.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a glass.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.
- To make raspberry syrup, combine equal parts fresh raspberries and sugar in a saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the raspberries break down. Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the solids.
- For the best texture, use a fresh egg white in your cocktail. You can also use pasteurized egg whites if you prefer.
- If you prefer a sweeter cocktail, you can add a splash of simple syrup to the recipe.
The Clover Club Cocktail is a classic drink that’s perfect for any occasion. This version of the cocktail, with the addition of raspberry syrup, gives it a sweet and fruity twist. It’s a refreshing and elegant drink that’s sure to impress your guests. So, the next time you’re looking for a cocktail that’s both classic and modern, give the Clover Club Cocktail a try!